From the Huffington Post Book Blog, here are some great reasons to visit the library with your kids:
1. Regular library visits lead to more reading.
2. When you visit the library, you can expose your children to more books and magazines than you can afford to buy.
3. Your local children’s librarian can recommend books that you may not know of or think to suggest, broadening their tastes and expanding their minds and vocabularies.
4. Library time is active, not passive.
5. Having a library card teaches kids responsibility.